National Honesty Day is observed on April 30 as a day to encourage truthfulness. This day of observance was created by M. Hirsh Goldberg, the author of The Book of Lies. Learn more about National Honesty Day.
Honesty promotes openness, empowers us, and enables us to be real with ourselves and others about who we are, what we want, and what you need to live your best life. There are many benefits to honesty like better health, promotes authenticity, fosters courage, shows you care, an example of love, shows maturity and self-acceptance. Remember honesty attracts honesty!
10 Benefits of Being Honest
Honesty – How it Benefits You and Others
The Importance of Self-Honesty
There are 3 Golden Rules for Honest Communication:
1. Be open and honest.
2. Give up your need to be right.
3. Listen with your heart (and with your ears).
#SELChat: Honestly Teaching Honesty offers 5 ideas for helping students embrace that honesty is the best policy:
1. Model it by speaking truthfully.
2. Build respectful relationships with students.
3. Provide direct instruction and expectations.
4. Assign meaningful work in the classroom.
5. Give children opportunities to make it right.
Write something about yourself. No need to be fancy, just an overview.